Sunday, September 2, 2012

Retail Therapy - Lots of Revlon!

I decided to do some shopping after all the insanity that has been going on this summer.  I love shopping, have I mentioned that?  I love a good deal even more!  I have been embracing doing a bit of couponing and enjoying getting things for free, or almost free.




Two weeks ago, I picked up some foundations.  The Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation to be exact.  It was on sale at CVS.  Something else on sale at CVS was the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.  Even better was that they had ExtraCare Bucks and I had $2 Revlon coupons!  They also had a deal at CVS where if I bought $10 worth of Physicians Formula, I would also get ExtraCare Bucks back.  Seriously?  How could I resist?  So I came home with 2 foundations, 2 lip stains and 2 packages of eye liners.  They jumped in my cart!  I swear!

Walgreens had nail polish on sale as well, and after my $2 coupons and Register Rewards, they came out for free.  I didn't exploit that much.  I just picked up the Revlon ColorStay base coat, top coat, and a color polish.  I'm hoping the base and top coats are as good as I keep hearing.  Mom picked up some essentials as well.  You can never go wrong with vitamins!

This past week CVS had the same nail polish deal, so I picked up six more polishes for virtually nothing.  They also had my holy grail lipstick for virtually free after coupons and ExtraCare Bucks.  I also picked up a couple more Revlon Balm Stains.  It was a cycling reward on almost all of it, so I couldn't resist.

This is an example of what I have been doing recently.  It's been keeping my mind off of the stresses of the summer.  It's also been keeping my family off of my back as I'm not buying anything, per se.  And whatever I don't use goes to people overseas in need.  It becomes a win/win situation for everyone.

I hope you enjoy this post.  It's a little update of what I've been up to.  For the things that I have picked up, I will write reviews for you all.  I have seen many mixed reviews on the foundations and even on the stains.

FTC: All items mentioned were purchased by myself with my own money, coupons, and rewards earned from my purchases.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment