Thursday, January 12, 2012

Montagne Jeunesse Strawberry Souffle Facial Mask Review

Another product I received in my Influenster Holiday Voxbox was the Montagne Jeunesse Facial Mask in the flavor 'Strawberry Souffle'. I say flavor because that's what they call it.  They are right in calling it that.  It smells so delicious, like strawberries and cream.  Montagne Jeunesse has been around for what seems like forever.  I remember seeing it in my local drug stores for many, many years and have wondered how good they are.

My skin is very picky.  It's dry and oily at the same time (in the same places) depending on what product I use.  It is also selectively sensitive and acne prone.  I am very cautious with the products I use on my face.  Seeing a trial of this in my Influenster Voxbox, I became even more curious, so I did what anyone in my position would do.  I waited, read up on the website and procrastinated a little.  I wanted to see what other people had to say about it before I tried it.  According to the site:
"Whether you enjoy looking after your skin, being pampered, or indulging in some me-time, be it alone or with friends, you will absolutely enjoy one of these ‘Life Little Pleasures’… With a huge array to choose from, our face masques are packed with the most delicious natural ingredients and are bursting with luscious fragrances. Suitable for all different skin types, there is one to suit every mood and everybody! 
 Montagne Jeunesse beauty treats are free of parabens, vegetarian approved and never tested on animals. So treat yourself today to a masque that will hydrate, nourish and leave your skin cleansed, smooth and glowing. Available at ULTA Beauty, Walgreen’s, Claire’s, Walmart, Kroger, CVS Pharmacies and other retailers across the US, these masques are available in a variety of succulent flavours, including:

  • Cucumber Peel Off
  • Passion Peel Off
  • Dead Sea Mud
  • Fruit Smoothie
  • Strawberry Souffle
  • Chocolate Mud
  • And many more!"
The mask I received is considered a mud mask and has ingredients like strawberry, aloe vera and vanilla.  The package says it will tone and hydrate the skin as well as purify it.  It would be great for skin like mine!

I ended up doing the mask before bed.  I figured this would be the best time as I tend to pack on moisturizer on my skin before I go to sleep.  I washed my face with my cleanser and used my Clarisonic to exfoliate my skin.  Then I towel-dried my face, leaving it a bit moist.  When I opened the satchel, the smell was lovely.  The fruit and vanilla wafted past my nose, intoxicating me with this scent that was to die for.  I spread a thin, even coat of the mask and then added a little more to my trouble spots, the corners of my nose mostly, and then sat at my computer to relax.  After about 25 minutes (I got carried away!), I rinsed it off with a baby wash cloth, which I must say is amazingly soft to where it doesn't aggravate my skin, and moisturized it with my Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel from Clinique.

So I know you are wondering, how did my skin feel afterwards?  Pretty soft right away.  In the morning, it felt smooth, and probably looked the best it has in a couple of weeks. 

This is definitely worth trying again, and experimenting with other varieties.  These satchels will definitely be found in my basket when I go to the store.

Check them out at http://www.montagnejeunesse.com for more information and a peek at all the 'flavors' they offer and more.

FTC Disclaimer: As mentioned above, these products were provided to be my Influenster for my review. As always, any opinions provided are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment