Tuesday, December 20, 2011

NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine Review


 One of the products I received in my Influenster Holiday Voxbox was the NYC (New York Color) Liquid Lipshines in the color 'Nude York City'.  NYC is a brand that has been around as far as I could remember, and as a teen, I loved their eyeliners and lipsticks.  Many of those products that I loved in my youth are no longer sold, or maybe I just haven't looked much.  Anyways, I received this new product to try out.  According to the site:
"Straight from the city that never sleeps, NYC New York Color offers products with uptown style at down-to-earth prices, from $.99 - $4.99. The energy, style and color of New York City shines through the wide range of shades, textures and innovative products. NYC always delivers the most on-trend products & shades hot off the runway!"

"A beauty-editor favorite is Liquid Lipshine ($2.49). It has pure pigments that created a 3-D gloss effect. Vitamin E provides shine and a moisturizing feel. The formula is non-sticky, super shiny & soft. Available in 10 on-trend shades from neutral nudes, to berries & fuchsias. Start shopping for NYC at these stores nearest you: Walmart, Target, Rite Aid, CVS, Family Dollar, Duane Reade, Kmart, HEB, and others. Visit newyorkcolor.com to check out all shades and fun products from New York Color!"
I have worn it for the past two days and I can say that I would love to get some more. The color is a bit sheer, which keeps it from being too nude for my highly pigmented lips. 


The applicator is flexible and can hold a decent amount of product.  It's also great for applying it right up against the lip line, making your lips look fuller. 


The description above says the formula is non-sticky.  I wouldn't say that though.  I felt it wasn't as sticky as most others.  I also found that the lipshine was heavy when applied to bare lips.  It definitely helped to put a lip balm on.

Check them out at www.newyorkcolor.com for more information and a peek at all the colors they offer and more.

FTC Disclaimer: As mentioned above, these products were provided to be my Influenster for my review. As always, any opinions provided are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment